Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer baking 4: Blueberry muffins

Many people who know me, know that my favorite poem is What I Learned From My Mother.  It's about having something to offer people who mean a lot to you: a cake, a touch, a flower, or just yourself... it's what bonds friends together, reminds them how special they are to you.  This morning I got a message that a friend was coming over at 11 for a short visit... it's in my programming to always have something to offer... but two hours to make something?!  How about muffins?

Believe it or not, I've never made muffins.  In fact, I've only had a muffin tin for a few months... and only purchased one because I was making popovers to accompany a Sunday roast for friends.  Browneyed baker said that they're her favorite, so I decided to give them a whirl... they were simple, moist and delicious!

Fresh out of the oven

Lots of blueberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment